FRAGMIN Resource Center
Eisai offers resources to assist you and your staff in the education and administration of FRAGMIN.Learn more >
FRAGMIN Self-Injection Demo Video
This Self-Injection Demo Video walks patients through the steps of injecting with a fixed-dose or graduated syringe.Learn more >
FRAGMIN Patient Education and Administration Kits
Educational materials, including an easy-to-understand reference chart, a step-by-step product brochure, and a how-to demonstration video, introduce patients to the use of FRAGMIN at home.Learn more >
Significant 52% risk reduction of recurrent VTE in patients with cancer
The CLOT* trial validated the initial through extended treatment of VTE for 6 months1
- >90% of FRAGMIN patients remained free of recurrent thrombosis during the 6 months of treatment vs >80% of patients on warfarin2
- Incidence in the primary endpoint of recurrent VTE was 8% for FRAGMIN (27/338) vs 16% for warfarin (53/338, P<0.01)2
Estimates shown in the Kaplan-Meier graph were a secondary endpoint.
Efficacy in patients with cancer established in 676 patients with active cancer who also had newly diagnosed, acute, symptomatic proximal DVT, PE, or both.
A cancer-specific trial for a cancer-specific indication2
- The only LMWH FDA approved for extended treatment of symptomatic VTE to reduce the recurrence of VTE in patients with cancer, beginning with initial treatment and continuing for 6 months
- FRAGMIN is not indicated for the acute treatment of VTE
Extended treatment of symptomatic VTE to reduce recurrence of VTE in patients with cancer for 6 months
- Risk reduction most apparent during 1st month of FRAGMIN therapy2
- Incidence of the first VTE recurrence over the 6-month study period was statistically significant (P<0.01) in favor of the FRAGMIN arm, with most of the treatment difference evident in the 1st month2
Randomized Comparison of Low–Molecular-Weight Heparin vs Oral Anticoagulant Therapy for the Prevention of Recurrent Venous Thromboembolism in Patients With Cancer.
All patients received a minimum of 5 days of FRAGMIN therapy. Patients randomized to warfarin remained on FRAGMIN until they achieved an appropriate INR of >2.0 for 2 consecutive days.